Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:30:38 -0500 (EST)

Werner LEMBERG writes:
> Usually, the DocBook file is used to create various output formats, so
> it is not unlikely that someone produces troff output from DocBook.
> And that is perverse IMHO.

Why?  DocBook is a structural markup language for documentation; it
does *not* specify the appearance of a document.  Troff is a
typesetting language; it is all about specifying the appearance of a
document.  Why would it be perverse to transform from structural
markup into a typesetting language for output?

It works well in practice.  I transform SDocBook documents into
groff regularly.
--
T. Kurt Bond, address@hidden