Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 08:54:27 +0000

Hi,

> > BTW, groff is a roff documentation system, so why use the TeX info
> > system?  Man pages are better IMHO, and the groff HTML interface is
> > powerful enough to provide hyperlinked documentation.
>
> Maybe what I think doesn't matter that much, but I would also prefer
> having the groff documentation in groff format, rather than texinfo
> or anything else.
>
> Though I tried, I never got warm with info pages.

To echo Ted, I hate info.  If I really have to look in there I use
`less *.info*' coupled with less's features like `/*' to search through
all files.

It's the worst mainstream thing to come out of the otherwise excellent
GNU camp IMHO.

Having groff's documentation solely in groff would be an excellent
showcase of its abilities too.

Cheers,

Ralph.