[Groff] troff(1) and info

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:36:18 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:52:01PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
> (By the way, I hate "info" and never use it ... ).

Everywhere it is written that the info file is the holy book, so
you are a heretic ;-)

> This is (or should be) documented in "man troff" in groff:

troff(1) is obsolete because
- groff is not troff as was announced as a "surprise" some weeks ago
- troff(1) documents only the differences to the classical mummy :-[
- troff(1) should be gtroff(1) and only document command line options
- all language aspects should go to man sections 5 or 7, or to some
  standalone document (how about a misc or "unordered" section in info?)

Bernd