Re: [Groff] missing spline-drawing command

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] missing spline-drawing command
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:37:30 -0000 (GMT)

On 29-Oct-01 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> The old troff manual documents the troff output command D~ as
>> "draw B-spline from current position to ...".
>>
>> This command seems to be unavailable in the groff intermediate
>> output.  I checked groff 1.17.1 .2 and current.
>>
>> Isn't this implemented or was it lost in an earlier version?
>
> AFAIK, it has never been implemented.

Ehhh??? Run troff -Tps -ms on the following:

  .LP
  This is a spline:
  \D'~ 2n 0 1n 2n 2n 0'
  And I hope it works!

With version 1.11 (still my workhorse) and also on 1.16.1,
this produces:

  ta
  wh2500
  tspline:
  wh2500
  D~ 10000 0 5000 10000 10000 0
  wh2500
  tAnd
  wh2500
  tI
  wh2500
  thope

Or are you talking about something different?

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972