Re: [Groff] name clashings

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] name clashings
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

> You are right, but a problem remains.  When a future groff version
> adds new commands your document might fail if your local command is
> used internally.

Indeed, this might happen, but it shows bad programming behaviour...

> Python also allows to overwrite anything, but has namespaces to
> protect possible clashings.  So how about a namespace facility in
> groff?

Do you *really* believe this is necessary for groff?  Note that we are
talking about a text formatting engine and not about a programming
language. I think that a macro package prefix (e.g. `man-...' or
`doc-...') is fully sufficient.