Re: [Groff] Making groff easier for polish users...

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] Making groff easier for polish users...
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:07:48 +0200

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:38:45PM +0200, Piotr Trojanek wrote:
> To make use of all generated files, I want to make additional device, for
> example "devpl", similar to "devps" (fonts, postscript encoding) , and
> tmac.pl file, which would load polish hyphenation specific requests.

Poland is a country with great potential, so a full support for Polish
is surely wanted.

But is it really necessary to create a new device?  It should be possible
to realize your ideas with macros and some changes/additions in gtroff,
comparable to the html implementation.

It seems to be necessary to create a general language interface within
gtroff because more will come, e.g. Unicode.

Bernd Warken