Re: [Groff] Page header angst

From: Deirdre Saoirse Moen
Subject: Re: [Groff] Page header angst
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:32:38 -0700

At 8:54 AM +0100 10/17/01, Gaius Mulley wrote:
Deirdre Saoirse Moen <address@hidden> writes:

 I've been using the ms macros, which have been fine except for one
 thing I can't figure out how to do: change the flipping page header.
 On the second and subsequent pages, I get the -2- but I need to
 change that. Standard mss format has Author/Title on the left,
 nothing in the center, and page number on the right for pages 2 on.

the .OH, .EH, OF, EF (odd header, even header, odd footer, even footer)
macros in -ms should do the trick.
For example:

.OH 'Author/Title''Page %'
.EH 'Author/Title''Page %'

Thanks, works like a charm.

Thanks also to Ralph and Ted for their helpful suggestions -- I think I've got that much now.
--
_Deirdre      rm -rf /bin/laden      http://deirdre.net