Re: [Groff] chop in pic?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] chop in pic?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:26:03 +0100

Hi Werner,

> > Not bad.  Do any of the other .pos notations take a parameter?
>
> No, but I don't think that this causes problems.  Before making the
> suggestion I've actually checked pic's source code :-)

I wasn't thinking it would be a problem to implement, just that it
would be different to the rest of the .pos notations.

> BTW, I've almost finished support for Metapost in groff.  This means
> that users who aren't satisfied with pic can always use the `greater
> brother' Metapost.

I agree Metapost is a good answer for when pic doesn't suffice.
Perhaps it would be best to just leave pic as is since it has
sufficient maths available to calculate whatever's needed.

Ralph.