Re: [Groff] Postprocessor memory hole

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Postprocessor memory hole
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:01:09 +0200 (CEST)

> pr is allocated within input.cc, but not deallocated.  So each
  postprocessor must manually deallocate this variable in its main()
  function - but grolbp doesn't.

> This could be fixed by adding "delete pr;" to lbp.cc, but a safer
  way for future devices is to make pr local to do_file().  For, apart
  from being deallocated by the devices and initialized in
  src/libs/libdriver/printer.cc, the variable pr seems to be unused
  outside of do_file().

I agree.  Maybe groff's device architecture evolved differently as
designed originally...

> If there aren't any compatibility issues on this I could prepare
  patches for Werner.

Please do so.