Re: [Groff] Inserting JPG files

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Inserting JPG files
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:12:01 +0100

Timothy Groves wrote:

> Okay, I really should have found an answer for this *somewhere*...but I
> didn't.  I'm preparing a document, and I want to load a few JPG and EPS
> files into it.  How do I do this?

man grops

and read about PSPIC

you'll need jpeg2ps (http://www.pdflib.com/jpeg2ps/) to convert JPEG
images properly. You may need to use the '-h' option; makes bigger
files, but is safer with some EPS inclusion systems.

You may also need to get jpegtran (get the 'cut' patch here
http://www.ben.com/jpeg/ and it has a link to the source) to convert
Progressive JPEG images. Many PS interpreters don't like 'em.

 Stewart