Re: [Groff] macro question

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] macro question
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:41:32 +0200

Sorry -- there still was a bug in my drop capital macro.
Here is the updated version.  I realize it's somewhat of
a kludge, but it's been engineered to also work with a
nonzero indent, or inside a diversion.  However, I'm pretty
sure I can easily construct circumstances that cause the
macro to fail.  Caveat emptor.

Cheers,
Tadziu

.\" ------------------------------------------------------------------------
.de DC
.if n \f3\\$1\fP\c
.if t \{\
.ne 4v
.nr ># \\n(.u
.di >@
\v'2v'\s'\\n(.s*9u/2u'\\$1\s'0'\v'-2v'\h'.3m'\c
.ie \\n(># .dt 2v >|
.el .dt 3v >|
'in +\\n(.ku
.\}
..
.de >|
.di
.di >&
.in
.di
.in 0
.nf
.>@
.if \\n(># .fi
.>&
'in
..
.\" ------------------------------------------------------------------------
.ps 10
.vs 12
.ll 8c
.sp 3c
.in 2c
.DC T
he reason for endowing text formatters with a macro facility
is that no predefined set of high-level formatting functions
will be appropriate for all purposes
(the same also holds for macro packages),
and marking up all text with low-level functions
is too cumbersome and error-prone.