Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:10:38 -0600

Reminds me of the advice I used to give: "If you *really* want to learn and
understand troff (as a user, not as a programmer), take an existing
macro file (man or mm, for example), and completely comment every line
without breaking it.  Each comment must clearly explain what that
line does (I found my man macro comments immensely useful when it
became necessary to add features to the HP-UX Reference typography).

That experience was a real eye-opener!

Using line-drawing requests to lay out PC board artwork was a real
trip too (didn't have a CAD machine).

Clarke