Re: [Groff] Replace the word "Chapter"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Replace the word "Chapter"
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late response.

> > > how can I use my own language instead of "Chapter"
> > > for the document style, Thesis (.th). I want to use
> > > the word "Bab" instead of "Chapter". Is it possible?

Yes, but only in a very clumsy way:

  . Copy the macro definition of `$c' from e.tmac into a file called,
    say, `ee.tmac'.

  . Modify it as you need it.

  . Load it after the -me macros while processing your document

      groff -T... -me -mee <your file>

> > Which macro package are you using?  In groff, only -me has a `.th'
> > command, but this is deprecated.
>
> Which is deprecated, -me or .th?

The macro .th is deprecated since.  Unfortunately, the -me macros
apparently aren't maintained any more; for example, there is no
configuration file, and there is no provision for
internationalization, etc.

A question to the groff community: Is there a newer version of -me
than 2.31 (dated 5/21/88) available?