Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise

From: Andrew Koenig
Subject: Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

Clarke> I may have my AT&T manuals buried around here somewhere, but I don't
Clarke> have time to look for them right now.  However, I will argue that if
Clarke> the dot is not the first character in the line, before ANY other
Clarke> character, it should not be interpreted as a control device.

It should be.  The manual is crystal clear on that point.
However, that's not how the software actually behaves.

It surprised me too.

--
Andrew Koenig, address@hidden, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark