Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] surprise, surprise
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:55:05 +0200 (CEST)

> > Ted>   .de jK
> > Ted>   Hallo!
> > Ted>   ..
> > Ted>   \fB.jK\fP
> >
> > Wow!  It really does interpret .jK as a macro invocation!
> > That's truly bizarre...
> >
> > The output is "Hallo!" in bold font.
> >
> > Under groff, the output appears in roman font.

It seems that I have to fix that in compatibility mode.  May I ask
someone to run Ted's small examples on UNIX troff to test its
behaviour?

For non-compatibility mode, I plan to follow the troff manual, i.e.,
"." and "'" must be the first character on an input line to be
recognized as control characters *without exception*.