Re: [Groff] Printing from groff in cygwin

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Printing from groff in cygwin
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 04:43:52 +0200 (CEST)

> Assuming that the output_file from groff contains what would produce
> the desired result on the LJ 3100, if injected straight into the
> printer, I know of no way in which, from Windows itself, you can do
> that: you have to pass though some printer driver or other which,
> typically, will NOT recognise that your file is already in
> printer-native format.

[Note: I don't use Windows.]

The situation is not as bad as it may seem.  IIRC, there exists a
small printer driver which does essentially nothing, only passing the
file directly to the printer without any processing, and this is what
you really need.  I know that this small utility is freely available,
but unfortunately I've forgotten its name and where you can download
it (the last time I've heard about it is a few years ago, so I don't
know whether it has ever been updated to recent Windows versions).

A search in some ftp servers for Windows stuff might help to find it.