[Groff] -mm incompatibility with troff

From: Andrew Koenig
Subject: [Groff] -mm incompatibility with troff
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:28:43 -0400 (EDT)

I may have mentioned this before, but if so, I've forgotten what
has become of it.

Here's a simple file:

       .HU "Section 1"
       This is some text.
       .HU "Section 2"
       This is some more text.

When I run this under troff -mm, the "Section [12]" lines come
out in bold font with a blank line before and after "Section 2".

When I run it under groff -mm, the "Section [12]" lines come out
in italic font, and there is no blank line before "Section 2".

I'll send you the troff output on request.

                                                Regards,

                                                Andrew Koenig
                                                address@hidden