RE: [Groff] Cyrillic (cp1251) support for groff -Tps

From: Konovalov, Vadim Vladimirovich (Vadim)
Subject: RE: [Groff] Cyrillic (cp1251) support for groff -Tps
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:20:19 +0200

> I don't understand how to tell groff to use a specific PostScript
> font when converting to PostScript.
> Should I convert the PostScript font with afmtodit, or it is enough
> to list it in the devps/download file. If I need to convert it, is
> the file devps/text.enc _the_ encoding file I need, or I need
> another ?

There are some perl scripts in groff distribution to work with font files, they
produce font description files.

I've succeeded a long time ago with groff-1.11, but I'm not sure that this will
be easy for me to revive those files.

And yes, among many other files, "devps/text.enc" is which you need to edit (or
rather copy it and then edit). I can send my copy of encoding file to you.

Also you should mark your font as downloadable and place it in appropriate
place.

Best wishes,
<!ENTITY Vadim REALLIFE "Vadim V.Konovalov, St.Petersburg, Russia">
&Vadim;