Re: [Groff] src/preproc/refer/label.cc in CVS.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] src/preproc/refer/label.cc in CVS.
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:56:23 +0100

Hi Werner,

> I don't have byacc, so I'm not able to reproduce the cc files.
> Instead, I manually patch both label.cc and label.y (the same for
> pic.cc and pic.y, BTW).  While building a distribution I usually take
> care to make the cc files newer than the y files -- but I think I've
> forgotten in the last few releases :-)

I've just looked at configure and it searches for byacc and bison
before defaulting to yacc.  You don't have bison either I guess?  I
moved byacc out of the way here and bison worked successfully.  I can't
test AT&T yacc as yacc is really byacc here.

If all three work then isn't it OK to assume the machine compiling the
source will have one of them?

It just seems a bit of a kludge to ship yacc source but not expect it
to be used and to have to keep both the pic, eqn, and refer *.y's and
their *.cc's in step.

Ralph.