Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.

From: Radek Hnilica
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:46:58 +0200

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:55:39PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > I'm using groff version 1.17 form Debian/GNU Linux Woody.  Yes there
>   is support for Japanese in font/devnippon there.
>
> I currently can't remember how Japanese support is activated.  I
> assume you have to say -Tnippon, right?

Yes, but I newer try it.  I also dont know what is the device nippon output
format.  I hope it is like a tty.  But heve no experience with it.

> > > Additionally, there is no Unicode input support yet but partial
> > > Unicode output support.  If you only need TTY output, it is easy
> > > to write a simple latin-2 input encoding file which maps the input
> > > character codes to groff's internal glyph names which are in turn
> > > converted to Unicode output.
> >
> > Where is the place of conversion of input code character to internal
> > glyph names?
>
> This is done on the macro level.  Look at latin1.tmac -- note that
> this is not the optimal solution, but it should work for you without
> problems.

Thank you very much.  This seems like the core of all my problems.  How I
forget that file.  In near future I write latin2.tmac as I heve the time.
Thank you very much.  I will bless you to heaven.

> > I hope that this is done in /devps/TR TB ... and other metric files.
> > But this doesn't help me.
>
> Well, this has already been done, and I think that Stanislaw can give
> you more information.

I have not yet answer for him, but it is time of holydays.

I hope that your hint with latin1.tmac helps me ro resolve my problem.

--
Radek Hnilica <Radek at Balga dot CZ>
http://www.balga.cz/hnilica

                                                Turkish proverb