Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.

From: Radek Hnilica
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problems with unwanted unicode.
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:23:00 +0200

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 12:11:43PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > How to disable this functionality in groff to see well formated
> > Latin 2 Postscript?
>
> I must admit that I don't understand what you are saying.  It seems
> that you are using a special version of groff, since the standard
> distribution doesn't contain support for Japanese.  The situation you
> are describing is not possible with the default groff.

I'm using groff version 1.17 form Debian/GNU Linux Woody.  Yes there is support
for Japanese in font/devnippon there.

> Additionally, there is no Unicode input support yet but partial
> Unicode output support.  If you only need TTY output, it is easy to
> write a simple latin-2 input encoding file which maps the input
> character codes to groff's internal glyph names which are in turn
> converted to Unicode output.

Where is the place of conversion of input code character to internal glyph
names?  I hope that this is done in /devps/TR TB ... and other metric files.
But this doesn't help me.

> You should contact Stanislaw Ciszewski <address@hidden> who is
> actually using latin-2 with groff.

I'l try to contact him.