Re: [Groff] Re: groff 1.17: pre-grohtml's unsafe temporary file handling

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff 1.17: pre-grohtml's unsafe temporary file handling & other improvements
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 02:54:19 +0200 (CEST)

> Many thanks to all who have suggested improvements to pre-grohtml.
> I've reworked several buffer issues within pre-grohtml in light of
> the overflow problem highlighted by several people. Here is the
> latest patch:

OK, now here is my critique :-)

> +.BI \-D dir
> +informs
> +.B grohtml
> +to place all image files into directory,
> +.BR dir .
> +.I dir
> +for all images.
> +.BR grohtml-<pid> .

The last line should be removed, shouldn't it?

> +    n = vsnprintf (p, size, fmt, ap);

Please don't use vsnprintf().  It is part of C99 but not of C89.  This
means that many older compilers will have problems.

> +  if ((image_dir != NULL) && (index(image_dir, '%') != NULL)) {

Please don't use index().  Use strchr() instead.

Everthing else looks very nice!  After applying this change I'll
release 1.17.1.