Re: [Groff] Usage of metapost with groff

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Usage of metapost with groff
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:22:27 +0100

Hi,

> I was hoping someone could tell me how to set up metapost without
> installing a whole TeX system.

MetaPost can make use of *.tfm files and also kick off TeX for embedded
TeX.  Don't know if it works without them.

> You can think of metapost as pic on amphetamines... it is very
> powerful for structured graphics and can yield very accurate math
> diagrams.

Yes, its decent arrowheads look good especially with clipping the lines
to the boxes they join.

> Surely someone has done this before?!

Wouldn't the MetaPost people know if there were TeX dependencies off
the top of their heads?

Ralph.