Re: [Groff] Re: A TeX like paragraph formatter: I managed it;try it !!!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: A TeX like paragraph formatter: I managed it;try it !!! [bug fixed]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:07:17 +0200 (CEST)

> > How sad that it doesn't work :-(
> >
> >       Standard disposition:               New disposition:
> >         xx xx xx xx                         xx   xx  xx
> >       xxx       xxx                       xx   xxx  xxx
> >       xxxxxxxx xxxx                       xxxxxxxx xxxx
> >       xxx xxx etc.                        xxx xxx etc.
> >
> > c) If somebody sees that, could he tell some informations
> >    about his system ?
>
> I got this and think it is an improvement.

Very embarassing: This is a bug in the current snapshot of groff.  The
funny thing is that if I disable compatibility mode, I get exactly
your result.  It is a really mysterious problem; I have absolutely no
idea yet how compatibility mode can influence the output: The trap ^L
isn't run where it should.

I will debug this soon.