Re: [Groff] unformat

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: [Groff] unformat
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:08:42 +0200

> o Use `.unformat' (new in groff 1.17).  Contrary to `.ascii', it only
>   unformats horizontal space, i.e., horizontal spaces become
>   stretchable again.  Examples are given in doc.mdoc.

I do what you say in compatible mode:
(see you back after the piece of code)
.cp
.nr In 9999 \" My own idea of infinity
.di x
.ss \n(In
Hello, I am a nice little \fIcat\fR\/, and my greatest pleasure in life is to
format a mouse with groff.
.br
.di
.ss 12
.x
.br
.ll -5c
.x
The single problem is for \<space> (unbreakable space with a width
defined by .ss    Any idea ? I'd be proud of managing what I want to do in
compatibility mode, because I have a quite prehistoric mind. I want to
prove that you can do something good with an oldy troff.
The other problem (the one for \~) is something else, since \~ doesn't exist
in the original troff... but if you have an idea for this one, that would be
nice.

Thanks!