[Groff] Yet another bug in -mm macros ?

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: [Groff] Yet another bug in -mm macros ?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:24:19 +0200

Brest, le mercredi 18 avril

Hi, the second time I'm talking about the -mm macros (not because I don't
like -mm macros, but because it's the first time I use them; last year for
the same big report (80 pages) I used -ms that I know for a long time, but
I decided to use -mm this year and I'm quite happy of the choice).
But...
I use footnotes, and I found myself in this situation:

Copy of the second half of a page:

    |  .                             |
    |  .                             |
    |  .                             |
    | This is the text of my re-     |
    | port.                          |
    | Now I use a footnote on this   |
    | line (1), and another one      |
    | on this line (2).              |
    | -------------------            |
    | (1) First foot note, just      |
    |     enough place for it.       |
    +--------------------------------+

Where is the second foot note? On the next page, just above the first footnote
of the following page:

   (2) Footnote of the previous page
   (1) First footnote of the current page
   (2) Second footnote of the current page

I'd like rather groff to put a blank line in this way:

    | Now I use a footnote on this   |
    | line (1), and another one      |
    |    < blank line >              |
    | -------------------            |

and put the last line of text (and the note) on the next page (not only the
footnote without the text). Is there a way to force this ? Is this a bug ?

--
        ,--._
     //   \    ( ,,  ,, ''   `)    Thomas Baruchel
   //        ~.   `._,,   ,'  <address@hidden>
                   \  \                 Brest
                  _/ _/