[Groff] macro wrappers

From: Andrew Koenig
Subject: [Groff] macro wrappers
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:22:22 -0400 (EDT)

I think I just found one more possible source of my trouble.

When groff wraps preexisting macros, it does so by generating
files similar to the following:

      .cp 1
      .so /usr/share/lib/tmac/s

Doesn't this leave the user with compatibility mode on, regardless
of whether or not the user has requested it?  And in that case,
don't files generated by programs such as geqn cause trouble?

I would think that the wrapper files need to look more like this:

      .ie \n(.C .so /usr/share/lib/tmac/s
      .el \{\
      .cp 1
      .so /usr/share/lib/tmac/s