Re: [Groff] HTML output in Mozilla

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] HTML output in Mozilla
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:36:39 +0100

Hi Gaius,

> here are the improved patches together with the inline image fixes.
> These patches generate better equation handling, fix alot of image
> bugs, produce better html tables and fix a html glyph translation
> bug.

Many thanks for all your effort;  it's great having a html device.

> Can I ask the members of the list to examine:
> troff_output_file::check_charinfo in particular and see whether this
> is correct in evaluating the miny/maxy limits for a character. The
> images it generates seem to suggest that the veryical region defined
> by miny and maxy is too large.

    void troff_output_file::check_charinfo(tfont *tf, charinfo *ci)
    {
      int size  =tf->get_size().to_scaled_points();
      int height=tf->get_char_height(ci).to_units();
      int width =tf->get_width(ci).to_units()+
        tf->get_italic_correction(ci).to_units();
      int depth =tf->get_char_depth(ci).to_units();

      check_output_limits(output_hpos      , output_vpos-height);
      check_output_limits(output_hpos+width, output_vpos+current_size+depth);
    }

One comment, size seems redundant since current_size is used later.

Ralph.