Re: [Groff] recognize --help and --version

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] recognize --help and --version
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:38:30 +0200 (CEST)

> >Here is a patch which causes most groff programs to recognize the
> >--help and --version command line options. (Not because I want to
> >be picky, but
>
> what's wrong with groff -v?

Nothing -- but groff is a GNU program, and the guidelines for GNU
programs say that all programs should support --help and --version (in
addition to short options like -v).

Bernd Warken has started with some code to implement long options in
all programs of the groff package, but it seems that he has no time
currently to work on it.