Re: [Groff] fonts, again

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] fonts, again
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:27:51 +0100

Hi,

> My groff's devps/DESC is
>
> res 72000
> hor 1
> vert 1
> sizescale 1000
> unitwidth 1000
> sizes 1000-10000000 0
> styles R I B BI
> family T
> fonts 9 0 0 0 0 0 SS S ZD ZDR

groff_font(5) says

    styles S1 S2...Sm
        The first m font positions will be associated  with styles
        S1...Sm.

    fonts n F1 F2 F3...Fn
        Fonts F1...Fn will be mounted in the font positions m+1,...,m+n
        where m is the number of styles.   This command may extend over
        more than one line.  A font name of 0 will cause no font to be
        mounted  on  the corresponding font position.

So 1-4 are R I B BI which seems to be what you're seeing.  5-9 should
be empty because of the zeroes, presumably to allow the document space
to mount fonts in the traditionally empty places.  Then 10-13 should be
the symbol fonts SS S ZD ZDR.

What's causing R I B BI to be repeated in the 0 slots?

grops(1) has more on the initial fonts mounted.

    There are styles called R, I, B, and BI  mounted  at  font
    positions  1 to 4.  The fonts are grouped into families A, BM, C,
    H, HN, N, P and T having members in each  of  these styles:

Ralph.