Re: Fw: [Groff] groff ms-windows

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: Fw: [Groff] groff ms-windows
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:36:16 +0200

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:49:52PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> An interesting question.  Please comment.  I can't see any reason for
> making <CR> illegal.
>

>     Werner
>

> To: address@hidden
> From: Johann Höchtl <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:56:07 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Groff] groff ms-windows
>
> Hello!
>
> I downloaded groff 1.16.1 to replace the out-dated groff 1.11 installed
> by cygwin's setup.exe. Unfortunately i get now a lot of 'illegal input
> chartacter 13 in <file>.

I installed groff yesterday on my workplace (Windows NT) and used it
with notedpad as editor: no error message. But I didn't use any installation
script. Are we talking of the same groff for Windows version ?
I remember having downloaded something with 1.16 in the package name ;-)
I just had to put a dll in c:\winnt\system\ and to put all the stuff in
c:\program files    (and to change the PATH)
I tried it just after and everything seemed to work ;-)

--
        ,--._
     //   \    ( ,,  ,, ''   `)    Thomas Baruchel
   //        ~.   `._,,   ,'  <address@hidden>
                   \  \                 Brest
                  _/ _/