Re: [Groff] Colours & smart quotes

From: Andy Dougherty
Subject: Re: [Groff] Colours & smart quotes
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:54:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Speaking as a technical writer, the other big problem with groff
> is that the public macro packages were around when the Sphinx
> still had a nose. :-)

Does anyone know the status of the -meta macros from Xroff (a commercial
variant of troff by Image Network, now defunct, I believe) ? The -meta
macros used a lot of nested definitions to reproduce many of the -ms
macros in an apparently quite general way.  (Xroff may perhaps have been
better known for supporting a much wider array of fonts than was typically
the case for other troff packages.)

--
    Andy Dougherty              address@hidden
    Dept. of Physics