[Groff] Re: groff crash

From: luke
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff crash
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:02:15 +1100 (EST)

On 19 Feb, Gaius Mulley wrote:

>  Hi Luke,
>
>  address@hidden writes:
>
> > Overall, it's much improved.
>
>  Thanks..
>
>  any chance you can email me `overview.pic' ? This would really help in
>  tracking down the limits bug in the picture..

overview.pic is a longish file that contains a picture, and I can't
really send you the whole thing.  What I've attached here is better
than nothing - it's cut down to just have the picture and the bits
before and after.

*But*, while this cut-down one demonstrates the problem with the top
and bottom clipping, it doesn't show the error in the clipping on the
right hand side.

Wait!  I just found the cause of that.  I'd left off the .TH line at
the top when I cut down the file.  This makes the RHS okay (though it
messes up the list, not too surprisingly).

> > Another thing is that it hasn't managed to translate the trademark and
> > bullet symbols (see the warning output, above).
>
>  yes and ` is also missing I believe..
>
> > And neither the older version nor the latest seems to understand lists.
> > Neither temporary indents (.TP) nor indents (.IP) have much effect.
>
>  yes simple indentation will be included shortly, hopefully in time
>  for the next formal release.

Sounds really good - I'll be keen to get the next release!

Regards,

luke