Re: [Groff] hyphenation problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] hyphenation problems
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:32:12 +0100 (CET)

> >   Eingabe-Kodepunkt 0xABCD     Eingabe-Kodepunkt 0xABCD    Eingabe-
> >   Kodepunkt 0xABCD        Eingabe-Kodepunkt 0xABCD         Eingabe-
> >   Kodepunkt 0xABCD
>
> This isn't a complaint about the fix, but hyphens at the end of two
> lines in a row sure looks ugly.  I have faint recollections of
> something somewhere, TeX?, lout?, deliberately bearing this in mind.
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Others have answered this already.  My example is rather artificial
and not the usual case (especially not in English).

Another question is whether groff shall follow TeX in that words
containing `-' should be hyphenated only there and not anywhere else.
This has some benefits but also disadvantages...