[Groff] a node is illegal within \X

From: Rick Richardson
Subject: [Groff] a node is illegal within \X
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:28:38 -0600

Trying to put in PDF marks into an MM document.  Defined this
heading user exit macro to get called when the heading has been
produced...

        .de HZ
        .ds hhh \\*[hd*mark] \\$3
        \X'ps: exec [ /View [/XYZ 44 730 1.0] /Title (\\*[hhh]) /OUT pdfmark'
        ..

This works great and I get the marks I want, except that I get
a slew of warning messages from groff, one warning message per
invocation of .HZ.

        sample.mm:86: a node is illegal within \X
        sample.mm:88: a node is illegal within \X

How can I convince groff that everything is copasetic with what
I've written?  Or is there a better way to write this?

Please cc me on any replies.

Thank you.

-Rick Richardson

--
Rick Richardson  address@hidden  http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Twins Cities traffic animations are at http://members.nbci.com/tctraffic/#1

Twin Cities ramp meters work by: 1) causing people to take alternate routes;
2) causing people to drive at off peak times;  3)  compensating for merging
lanes which were designed for canadian geese and are far too short.