Re: [Groff] choosing paper tray

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Groff] choosing paper tray
Date: 21 Jan 2001 08:35:35 -0600

RJ> I've written for my compagny with Informix 4GL reports which
RJ> generate groff output. It works fine: ascii, postscript, pcl, etc,
RJ> wthout problems. However I'm not a groff expert. I would like to
RJ> know how I can choose a papertray with groff -- We use Brother
RJ> printers that support postscript as well as pcl. We have choosen
RJ> to use postscript.

You need the PPD file for your printer.  In it are the commands
required to choose options like the printer tray.  Printing systems
like cups (http://www.cups.org) manage this for you, inserting the
necessary code into the postscript before sending it off to the
printer.  But you can also add them manually into the documents
the same way you add any postscript code.

You should be able to get the ppd from Brother.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.  <http://jhcloos.com/public_key>     1024D/ED7DAEA6
<address@hidden>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6