Re: [Groff] Announcing the new html driver

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Announcing the new html driver
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:55:54 +0000

Hi Dan,

> Just a question: does it run OK with gremlin images?

At present I suspect not as it will need markers before
and at the end of the GS/GE pair. There are two ways to fix this:

  (i)  to make grn emit such markers. Like tbl, eqn, pic.
       For example:

       #include "htmlindicate.h"

       graphic_start(0);
       printf(".GS\n");

       printf(".GE\n");
       graphic_end();

       (see src/preproc/pic/troff.cc)

  (ii) alternatively do this in the macro sets
       Specifically in e.tmac in the GS and GE definitions.
       One could invoke: .HTML-IMAGE-LEFT, .HTML-IMAGE-RIGHT, .HTML-IMAGE-CENTER
       (defined in tmac/www.tmac)
       before the GS and .HTML-IMAGE-END after GE.
       (also see tmac/pspic.tmac for a related example).

the advantage with (ii) is that you can currently specify the image alignment.
Perhaps I should extend the htmlindicate functions in (i) to enable this
functionality. But in (i) obviously you'd need to parse the .GS command to find
the alignment.

I could have a go at this once I've checked the repository with my local copy
etc.

Hope this helps?

Gaius