Re: [Groff] Build groff 1.16.1 on Compaq TruUnix 4.0F fails.

From: Stefan Westerberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] Build groff 1.16.1 on Compaq TruUnix 4.0F fails.
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 17:02:31 +0100

Werner I tried the new kit but it didn't work. Same error message.

For your question __alpha is defined, not __ALPHA and the list you got was the
whole list.

I then search the source for __ALPHA and found it in ./src/include/lib.h.
I replaced it with __alpha and then it compiled successfully.

/Stefan

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Hope this helps.
>
> It does!
>
> > # g++ -E -dM foo.cc
> > #define __LANGUAGE_C_PLUS_PLUS 1
> > #define __SYSTYPE_BSD__ 1
> > #define SYSTYPE_BSD 1
> > #define __EXCEPTIONS 1
> > #define __LANGUAGE_C_PLUS_PLUS__ 1
> > #define __alpha_ev5__ 1
> > #define _LONGLONG 1
> > #define __cplusplus 1
> > #define __GNUC_MINOR__ 95
> > #define __alpha_bwx__ 1
> > #define __SYSTYPE_BSD 1
> > #define __alpha__ 1
> > #define __unix 1
> > #define __osf__ 1
> > #define __unix__ 1
> > #define __GNUC__ 2
> > #define __GNUG__ 2
> > #define _SYSTYPE_BSD 1
> > #define __alpha 1
> > #define unix 1
>
> I assume that the original list is much longer -- is `__ALPHA' defined?
> If yes, just get the current snapshot from
>
>   ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz
>
>     Werner
>
> PS: It's time for a autoconf test...

*******DISCLAIMER*******
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure and solely for the use of the
person(s) or entity to whom it is intended.  Please note that this
message contains an e-mail confidentiality note and disclaimer. To read
the full e-mail disclaimer please point your Web browser to:
http://www.alfredberg.se/disclaimer/external.htm
*******DISCLAIMER*******