Re: [Groff] question on "groff"

From: Kees Zeelenberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] question on "groff"
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:14:15 +0100

The ms-macros from groff are indeed compatible with those from troff. As long
as your own
macros don't rely on some internal mechanism or variables of the ms-macros, it
should be
possible to compile all your old troff-papers with groff. In fact the original
troff ms-macros
are still available from http://plan9.bell-labs.com/7thEdMan/, and can be used
when groff is
called with compatibility mode on (-C); it usually gives quite acceptable
results.

Kees