Re: [Groff] man problem: Latin1 characters in nion-Latin1 locale

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] man problem: Latin1 characters in nion-Latin1 locale
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:02:36 +0100 (CET)

> Is there any way to configure groff to _not_ assume that ISO-8859-1
> is in use?  Preferably with some parameters - I do not want to
> recompile it.

Not yet.  It is still hard-coded, unfortunately.  I've got a patch
which adds an `ascii8' device to avoid this dependency, and I will
eventually include that (or probably find a different solution).

For the moment, I suggest to use the .shc request to assign a
different character to the soft hyphen character, in case this is the
only problem you have.  Otherwise, use -Tascii.