[Groff] FOO.tmac vs tmac.FOO

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] FOO.tmac vs tmac.FOO
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:13:43 +0200 (CEST)

Dear friends,

I've reverted the current behaviour of troff: Now it first checks
whether FOO.tmac exists, then it tries tmac.FOO.  The main reason for
doing this is that I can get rid of the annoying renaming orgy for
some macro files which have identical names for AT&T troff (which is
installed in parallel).

I don't think this change (and the fixes that will come in the process
of renaming all macro files to the XXX.scheme) causes any harm since
it is fully backwards compatible.