Re: [Groff] Re: groff: radical re-implementation

From: CHOI Junho
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff: radical re-implementation
Date: 19 Oct 2000 23:46:03 +0900

    >  Right.  I think I've answered this problem in my last mail (regarding
    >  a `glyphclass' directive in font description files).

    TK> Then all of these glyphs have to have the same width.  Fortunately,
    TK> CJK ideograms and Korean Hanguls have fixed-width glyphs.

Hanguls are usually treated as fixed-width, but it is not true. Many
Korean wordprocessor supports proportional Hangul fonts,
and even Korean Windows (9X/ME/2000) have proportional Hangul TrueType
fonts in default(e.g. Gulim. Gulim has one more variation, Gulim-che,
it is fixed-width for using with english fixed-width fonts). In Unix
world, I didn't see any support for proportional Hangul fonts yet.

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho                             <address@hidden> <address@hidden>