[Groff] What were Scribe and Mint ?

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: [Groff] What were Scribe and Mint ?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:41:59 +0200

Brest, le vendredi 13 octobre

Hi, I am a LaTeX2groff man. Since My wife has a thesis to write, I anyway told
her to use LaTeX :-( I really don't think she could have liked groff :-(
I found a book on LaTeX that I read several years ago, and in the introduction
was a list of "ancesters" (troff of course, but also scribe and mint)

What were Scribe and Mint ? What was their output formats ? Is is still
possible to download them and compile them (on linux) ? Are they free ?

just to see ;-)

--
   .~.   Thomas Baruchel
   /V\   address@hidden