[Groff] Hello to you all !

From: Lukasz Wiechec
Subject: [Groff] Hello to you all !
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 22:51:47 +0100 (MET)

Hello All,

this is my first posting to this list, so please excuse if my ignorance...
I've searched the archives of this mailing list, but didn't seem to find
anything to help me solve my problem.

I'm trying to make 'groff' generate valid postscript output from
Latin-2-encoded text. I've installed proper Latin-2 Postscript fonts and
they work -- well, almost all of them :-(. The problem is that some
(exacly three) Polish characters are being interpreted as symbols (and
therefore displayed using Symbol special font). This is done only using
'-Tps' (when using '-Tlatin1', tty output is OK).

The question is: how to tell 'groff' that those characters should be
displayed normally ? I would also like to be able to use Symbol font too.
I've tried modifying Symbol font description files -- to no avail.

Greetings from Opole, Poland,

                MAGIC aka Lukasz Wiechec
                Internet mailto:address@hidden
                tel/fax  +(48 77) 4 555 113