Re: [Groff] top of page

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] top of page
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:04:50 +0100 (BST)

On 28-Sep-00 Ricardo wrote:
> Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>> Presumably this is after you've done the post-processing with awk or
>> perl as suggested by Stewart to get a mirror-image of the page?
>
> noops, is happening when i use X import:....

Sorry, I should have also considered this option in my earlier reply.
As opposed to PSPIC, if llx0 lly0 urx0 and ury0 are the BoundingBox
coordinates in the EPS file, then

  \X'ps: import EPSfile llx0 lly0 urx0 ury0 width [height]'

will place the bottom lefthand corner of the EPSfile BoundingBox (in
EPSfile coordinates) at the position in the output corresponding to the
position in the input text of the \X'...' (PSPIC puts the top of the BBox
level with the current line).

Exactly as discussed previously, if the EPSfile BBox is wrong then so
also will be the printed position of the graphic.

By computing new values llx lly urx ury (which is what PSPIC does)
you can use

  \X'ps: import EPSfile llx lly urx ury width [height]'

to place the EPSfile BBox at other positions and with other vertical
and horizontal scalings. In fact \X'ps: import ...' does not look at
the %%BoundingBox line in the EPS file and simply applies a transformation
to the EPSfile coordinates such that the two points (in EPSfile coords)
(llx,lly) and (urx,ury) are placed on the paper at positions determined
by (a) the place where \X'ps: import ...' occurs in the groff input, and
(b) the numbers 'width' and 'height'.

I wrote a short account of how this transformation is done. It is not
ideally written -- I would like to edit it -- but I think it is clear
enough. I have attached a PDF version (smaller than the PS version) to
this message.

I hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>