Re: [Groff] top of page/mirroring

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] top of page/mirroring
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:03:13 +0100 (BST)

On 27-Sep-00 Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
>> what is hapening?
>> top of imported graphic is above the top of the page
>
> Presumably this is after you've done the post-processing with awk or
> perl as suggested by Stewart to get a mirror-image of the page?

I don't think this is likely to be the problem, since Stewart's
neat reversal transformation should only affect left-right, and not
top-bottom.

But, while I'm at it: Stewart's suggestion:

   For A4, all you need do in the page setup is:

   -1 1 scale
   595 neg 0 translate

needs to be done for each page in groff output. The simplest way to
ensure this is to find the section near the beginning of the file
which reads

  /BP{
  /level0 save def
  1 setlinecap
  1 setlinejoin
  72 RES div dup scale
  LS{
  90 rotate
  }{
  0 PL translate
  }ifelse
  1 -1 scale
  }bind def

and modify this to read (inserting the two lines shown by -->)

     /BP{
     /level0 save def
     1 setlinecap
     1 setlinejoin
     72 RES div dup scale
     LS{
     90 rotate
     }{
     0 PL translate
     }ifelse
     1 -1 scale
-->  -1 1 scale
-->  LS { 841.89 neg 0 translate }{595 neg 0 translate} ifelse
     }bind def

which will left-right reverse all portrait AND landscape pages
as read.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749