Re: [Groff] nop request

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] nop request
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 02:24:43 +0200 (CEST)

> m4 has a dnl command used for comments.  It stands for `delete (upto
> and including) newline'.  How about calling the .nop command after
> what it is doing rather than the way you are using it.  .dws --
> delete following whitespace.

Then the command's name should be rather `.dsws' -- delete syntactical
whitespace.  Otherwise the user might think it is intended for string
manipulation.

We are getting nearer, but it doesn't convince me yet.  I still don't
know which name I shall use for `.nop'.

What about `remove space' -- `.rms' :-)