Re: [Groff] help-text for beginners?

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] help-text for beginners?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:27:01 +0100

while the resources pointed to by Thomas will get you going, the best
reference books are out of print. I'm thinking specifically of the Sun
manuals "Using NROFF and TROFF" and "Formatting Documents".

In the still-available category, "Unix in a Nutshell", third edition,
has a full command reference.

delurk: I'm hoping -- in my copious free time -- to assist with writing
a groff reference book. I typeset dictionaries, and I'm looking at groff
to overhaul our inhouse typesetting system. You'll be pleased/amused to
note that many of Collins' large bilingual dictionaries are typeset by a
troff system already...

 Stewart

--
Stewart C. Russell              Senior Analyst, Dictionary Division
address@hidden  HarperCollins Publishers