Re: [Groff] .Nx and .Fx macros

From: Bernd Salbrechter
Subject: Re: [Groff] .Nx and .Fx macros
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:37:06 +0200 (CEST)

On: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:01:35 +0200 (CEST) Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Can some NetBSD and FreeBSD persons please send me the definitions of
> the .Nx and .Fx macro (defining a `NetBSD' resp. `FreeBSD' string)?
> Both are documented in groff_mdoc.samples.man but missing in tmac.doc.

Sorry for the late reply, but if you didn't get the info befor,
you can find the definition in "/usr/src/share/tmac/doc-syms" (at
least in NetBSD).

NetBSD have several ways to access there source code, but for you the best
way will be "ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/NetBSD-current";. If you want to monitor
the changes, I am not sure if "sup" or access to the CVS archive will
be better.

For FreeBSD and OpenBSD I didn't have the url of there ftp-server,
but you will find it from there homepage.

Hope that helps
Bernd

PS.: Someone have suggest one BSD macro will be enough, I think one OS
(.OS <name> <version as today in .[NF...]x>) macro will do it, but
that will change the API ;-). This will improve the behavior, if the
definition for the need OS is not available the .OS macro can print at
least the value of $1, in contrast to print nothing at all.