RE: [Groff] floating keeps and tbl usage

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] floating keeps and tbl usage
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:23:53 +0100 (BST)

On 07-Sep-00 Konovalov, Vadim wrote:
>> From: Steckl, A. David [mailto:address@hidden
>> Is there anyway to use a floating keep on groups of rows
>> within a table?
>
> I will suggest adding extra fake empty cells vertically spanned near
> needed cells, so they will be forced to be on one page, because TBL do
> not breaks cells.

This will work as far as it goes.

However, it is not a _floating_ keep, and will force a page break
at the point where the "kept" block is encountered (i.e. it works
like ".KS/.KE" in ms macros, not like ".KF/.KE").

Also, it is not the best idea to interfere with the table format
by adding an extra column (as the above suggestion implies);
though I suppose it would work if the column width were forced
to zero with "w(0)" and with zero separation, e.g. "l0w(0)".

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 07-Sep-00                                       Time: 14:23:53